Foot orthotics are shoe inserts that a doctor custom-makes for you to address your podiatric concerns. Here at Step Ahead Foot & Ankle Clinic Kalispell, MT, your podiatrist, Dr. Esther Barnes, offers full-service, state-of-the-art podiatric care to patients so they can enjoy a fuller, happier life. Read on to explore some of the benefits of this treatment option:
1. They will change the way you walk: Orthotics work to improve your body's posture and alignment, thus changing both the position of your joints, as well as your muscle balance and stability.
2. They can prevent serious foot problems: Sometimes, diabetics can lose sensation in their feet, a condition known as diabetic neuropathy. When this occurs, orthotic devices can help to reduce pressure and excess stress that can lead to foot problems.
3. They can help people with high arches: High arches can stress muscles in your feet and lead to a range of problems, such as plantar fasciitis, foot pain, knee pain, and shin splints. Custom orthotic devices provide support for high arches and help prevent foot problems.
4. They can help you heal from an injury: Orthotic devices are often used to treat injuries such as shin splints or tendinitis. People who’ve experienced trauma to their ankles and feet ankles may require extra support during the healing process with orthotic devices.
5. They can alleviate your discomfort: Your feet are not supposed to hurt. Custom foot orthotics can prevent injuries and improve foot function, all of which mean less foot pain. Orthotic devices prescribed by a podiatrist address the cause of your discomfort so that you can feel comfortable. Schedlue a consultation at our Kalispell, MT, office to find out if custom foot orthotics are right for you.
Foot orthotics will keep your feet healthy and happy for years to come. Call Step Ahead Foot & Ankle Clinic in Kalispell, MT, at 406-755-2818 right now to schedule a consultation. You deserve healthy, happy feet!
UPDATE 3/23/20: In attempt to maintain the safety of our patients, employees, and the community, the office is physically closed, other than for the care of patients with urgent concerns / emergenices only. Attempts will be made to return phone calls Monday through Thursday from 9AM to 1PM. Please use the "Request an Appointment" resource above to request an appointment. If an established patient, we encourage you to log into the Patient Portal and send a message to Dr. Barnes or the office with any questions or concerns. Thank you.